Statement of Purpose
Abbottswood Medical Centre
CQC Provider ID: 1-199766659
Address: Defford Road, Pershore, Worcestershire WR10 1HZ
Telephone: 01386 552424
Email contact: email@example.com
Legal status: Partnership
Full Names of the Partners
Dr Claire Wunsch – Registered Manager for all regulated activities
Dr Alison Atkinson
Dr Kathryn Thomas
Dr Peter Evans
Dr Craig Embley
Dr Paula Baxter
Abbottswood Medical Centre at address above.
- Abbottswood Medical Centre aims to provide high quality, safe General Practice services to patients living or staying within our practice area by a committed primary health care team.
- Abbottswood Medical Centre aims to provide our service in a timely, professional and caring fashion
- Abbottswood Medical Centre continually strives to improve the quality of the services we offer.
We will achieve these aims by:
- We will treat all our patients with respect and dignity, involving them in decision-making and encouraging them to take responsibility for their own health.
- We will encourage prevention of disease by active promotion of healthy lifestyles and well-being.
- We will involve other professionals and organisations in the care of our patients where it is in their best interest, providing an informed choice.
- We will continually improve and develop services via ongoing learning, monitoring and auditing.
- We will care for our staff, ensuring a competent, motivated team with the right skills and training to carry out their duties competently and professionally.
- We will ensure a high standard of Information Governance and act with integrity, ensuring confidentiality of information at every level within our organization.
General medical Practice services are provided for our registered patients and temporary residents.
CARE QUALITY COMMISSION
The services we provide are categorised as follows:
- Doctors consultation services
- Doctors treatment service
- Diagnostic and screening services
The regulated activities provided under the Registered Manager Dr Claire Wunsch,are:
- Treatment of disease and disorder
- Surgical procedures (GP minor surgery only)
- Diagnostic and screening procedures
- Maternity and midwifery services
THE PRACTICE POPULATION
The practice is one of two Primary Care Facilities serving the patients of Pershore and outlying villages, we provide general practice services to any patient living or staying within these areas. The practice has been operating from purpose-built premises in Defford Road since 1992. Our premises have disabled access and parking facilities and also a dispensary. We dispense medications to around 62% of our patients.
Elderly patients comprise approximately 30% of our Practice population and with outlying rural areas this can result in problems with social isolation although generally there are low levels of deprivation. The patient list has been gradually increasing in size and the practice now has over 10,300 patients.
The practice has a strong clinical team which consists of doctors, practice nurses, district nurses and associations with health visitors, midwives, a social worker and mental health nurses.
Nine doctors work from our surgery, providing general medical care. We have two male and four female partners. In addition, one female salaried GP works part-time.
We are a training practice for GP registrars; Drs Wunsch, Evans and Baxter are GP trainers.
Our clinical team also include practice nurses and healthcare assistants, and attached staff include district nurses, health visitors, a social worker and mental health nurses.
We have a dispensing team led by a dispensary manager.
Our Practice Manager is responsible for operational, financial, HR, strategic and Health and Safety matters within the Practice and is supported by a team of administrators. Our reception team are led by a front-of-house manager and head of reception.
EQUIPMENT AND FACILITIES
The practice has eight GP consulting rooms, six nurse treatment rooms, a reception office, patient waiting area and dispensary on the ground floor.
On the first floor are five administrative offices, a meeting room, a staff room and a further two offices for attached staff.
There are plans to expand the number of consulting rooms on the ground floor to better meet patient needs.
A wide range of modern medical equipment is provided within the Practice and maintained in line with regulations.,
We are a paper-light practice, and use the EMIS web computer system. We offer our patients on-line appointment booking, prescription requesting and access to medical record information via the Emis online access website.