ONLINE ORDERING OF PRESCRIPTIONS
Online ordering of prescriptions is available via our clinical system, which interacts with your medical records and is a safer and more secure way of ordering prescriptions. You must be aged 16 or over to be able to use this system (Data protection requirement). Parents/guardians for under 16's will need to phone for repeat prescriptions.
You need to register in person at Reception to obtain a password to access this system. You will need 2 proofs of ID, to include photo ID and proof of address.
Once you have your registration details, click HERE to access repeat prescriptions online.
Repeat prescriptions can be ordered in any of the following ways:
- Online via patient access.
- Via written requests in the grey post box in the foyer - (use the white half of the prescription if possible, indicating which items are required)
- Post (please enclose an SAE)
- Telephone 01386 561143 Monday to Friday 9.00am - 12.00pm (midday)
It is essential to allow 48 working hours' notice for your prescription to be processed (this excludes weekends and bank holidays). Please click here to view our "when to collect" timetable. You can collect it from our dispensary or we can arrange for collection by one of the town pharmacies. Please state where you wish to collect from each time you request a repeat - Abbottswood Dispensary, Ogles or Boots in Pershore.
Our dispensary is available for all our registered patients who live more than one mile from the nearest chemist (this is to comply with NHS regulations). It is also available to all temporary residents. Our dispensary staff are happy to help out with any queries you may have and will dispose of any unused or out-of-date medication that we have dispensed. We can only accept 1 litre sharps boxes that we have dispensed.
Our dispensary is open from 08:30 to 18:30 Monday to Friday.
Our dispensary manager, Michelle Stewart is available to answer any queries that you may have regarding your medicines. You can book an appointment at reception or ask in the dispensary. When Michelle is not available our dispensers will be happy to answer your queries.
If you have any out of date or unused medicines that we have dispensed please return them to the dispensary for safe disposal.
Home Delivery Service
Our Dispensary offer a free home delivery service for patients who are housebound and the elderly and live more than a mile in diameter from the practice, subject to following conditions:
- We require at least 7 days notice before we can deliver.
- Delivery only on either a Tuesday or Thursday morning (no time can be specified).
- Someone MUST be in to receive or sign for the prescription.
- Any payments must be made to courier by either cash or cheque (sorry, cards cannot be accepted).
- Please specify when requesting the prescription (either by website, phone or email) that it is for delivery.
- If you request delivery it will be assumed you agree to the above conditions.
- Please see Michelle Stewart the Dispensary Manager for further information.
Monitored Dosing System
To assist patients who experience difficulty in taking their medicine correctly, we can provide a daily dosing system. Please enquire at Dispensary and they can arrange an assessment.
PHARMACY 2 U
It has come to our attention that the organisation "Pharmacy 2 U" has used the practice's name on its marketing material. Please note, the practice does not utilise, promote, engage with, or otherwise have any dealings with Pharmacy 2 U, and, furthermore has not given, nor has been asked, for consent for the practice name to appear on any advertising material.
RULES FOR PRESCRIBING
The NHS recognises that 28-day repeat prescribing makes the best possible balance between patient convenience, good medical practice and minimal drug wastage.
The British Medical Association notes that 'Prescribing intervals should be in line with the medically appropriate needs of the patient, taking into account the need to safeguard NHS resources, patient convenience and the dangers of excess drugs in the home’.
The benefits of 28-day prescribing include:
- Reducing the amount of medicine currently wasted.
- Reducing the potential for error when it’s changed in the middle of supply.
- Increased safety as you will not have multiple containers of the same medicine.
- Many medicines are supplied in 28-day ‘calendar packs’ that show the days of the week.